I recently received an email from a Seed Company’s colleague with an update on the BGAN satellite deployment activity. His comments and statistics were so exciting I decided to pass them on. I trust you will be excited to.
Hello Connectivity Team,
Here is a brief summary of what we have been able to accomplish together so far this fiscal year. Not everyone or any one group had their hand in each of these items. That’s part of what makes us a good team and makes these kinds of results possible. I am constantly getting reports of immense gratitude from consultants who are now able to accomplish what they had always wanted to – helping their national colleagues build the Kingdom while they are not able to be present in the field. God’s work is being propelled forward at an astonishing rate and you had a hand in it. Thanks for all your effort.
98 – Total # of languages connected by our team in the last 8 ½ months. These languages have 15.8 Million speakers.
- 84 languages using 59 BGANs
- 8 languages using 8 cell modems
- 4 languages using 1 VSAT
- 2 languages using 2 DSL connections
Other noteworthy accomplishments:
- Establishment of Pooled usage contracts (3) expected to save $53,400 in data charges annually.
- Setup and thorough testing of a VPN that restricts BGAN usage to only translation activities, estimated to save $120,000 annually.
- Quality training materials developed for preparing deployment specialists – 20+ trained already.
- Simplified user instructions developed in 7 languages to help Mother Tongue Translators and consultants use new tools.
- National IT colleagues from 9 countries trained to support BGAN technology.
- Internet Connectivity setup at the NBTT campus in Nigeria which serves 64 language translations.
- Many other translation organizations are now looking to us for assistance in using BGAN technology. We are being followed.
There is still much work to be done, so don’t look back for too long.
To God be ALL the glory.
June 20, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Praise God indeed – glad to have all your exciting reports Ken & Anne and for your safe return, but more importantly for the everlasting fruit!
Ken & Anne
June 20, 2011 at 11:37 AM
This is such exciting stuff, Ron. It’s a privilege to be a part of it.
Thanks for the encouragement. By the way, Anne is coming your direction today (Monday) and will be there for staff meetings tomorrow. Watch over her for me and keep her out of trouble.