Thank you for your prayers on our behalf for Ken’s health! We finally saw Ken’s original surgeon today. He asked us if we wanted to wait a few more weeks to see if his leg closed up, but we declined. It’s already been 3 weeks so we feel it is time to do something else.
Tomorrow, Ken will have his second surgery. Because two surgeons are suggesting this, we feel it is the right decision. But I also feel uneasy. I’m not sure if that’s just me or something prodding me.
This week as I studied Hebrews with my ladies Bible study, we talked about the Superiority of Jesus. The question in our study was, “Do people see in you that you believe Jesus is superior is all ways?” I have to say, “No, not all the time.” I often want to take things in to my own hands and my worry reveals my distrust and unbelief.
So we ask for peace and obedience and that God will be glorified once again. Please pray for our doctor by name, Dr. Fosnough and that the infection will be healed immediately.
Thank you so much. As my dad always said, “This too will pass.”
January 9, 2020 at 5:00 AM
Love your honesty and openness. Praying for His peace, surgeon skills, and strength to trust our loving God. It would be wonderful to have a faith and trust meter to measure feelings by, but keep coming back to “be still and know that I am God”, our fountain of trust.
January 8, 2020 at 9:16 PM
Not sure whether to be happy or sad at this news….