RSS

Second Opinions

10 Jan

We lay in bed in the dark. Both of us tired, but restless. It was the night before Ken’s scheduled second surgery on his knee. We opened our cell phones and read different things to each other about his situation and his types of infections. By the time we said, “Goodnight,” we had decided to cancel the surgery in the morning if we were able.

We’ve heard a lot of good advice the last 5 weeks. Trying to put it all together is the tough part. Today a friend said to me, “God is not a God of confusion.” She’s right, and by noon today we had a bit more clarity.

On Monday, we will return to Ken’s surgeon to have him look over his leg. He is still wanting us to have surgery next week. On Monday afternoon we will see an infectious disease doctor. Today we signed papers with Anne’s orthopedic doctor to see if he would give Ken a second opinion. We may get to do that next week as well.

So we ask you to pray for wisdom and peace for us and that Ken and I would be unified in both of those things. We continue to look to God as the source of our wisdom.

Thank you for your prayers and your notes of encouragement with verses. We read and re-read each one of them.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on January 10, 2020 in Uncategorized

 

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

 
%d bloggers like this: